Calcium is a mineral found in many foods. The body needs calcium to maintain strong bones and to carry out many important functions. Almost all calcium is stored in bones and teeth, where it supports their structure and hardness. Studies suggest Calcium and Vitamin D may help prevent against diabetes, cancer, osteoporosis, cardiovascular disease, weight management, and high blood pressure.
In addition, calcium is used to help blood vessels move blood throughout the body and to help release hormones and enzymes that affect almost every function in the human body.
- Calcium and Vitamin D supplements reduce the risk of breaking a bone and the risk of falling in frail, elderly adults.
- Women should be advised to consume adequate amounts of calcium and vitamin D. Supplements of these nutrients have been shown to reduce the risk of stress fractures in female Navy recruits during basic training.
- Lactose-intolerant individuals are at risk of calcium inadequacy. A calcium supplement helps these individuals add this important mineral to their diet.
- The immune system needs vitamin D to fight off invading bacteria and viruses.
- Together with calcium, vitamin D also helps protect older adults from osteoporosis. Vitamin D is found in cells throughout the body.
- Some studies suggest that vitamin D may protect against colon cancer and perhaps even cancers of the prostate and breast cancer.
- Non-GMO-Vegan Friendly- 100% Natural-Whole Food.
Guaranteed to meet our high -quality standards. Made in an FDA Approved Facility with carefully selected ingredients under strict manufacturing processes. No artificial colors added, no artificial flavors, no preservatives, gluten free. No Flavor or Sweetener, No Preservatives, No Milk, Soy, Gluten, Wheat, Yeast, Fish, Sodium Free.