Homemade Hamburger Helper
- 1 lb ground beef preferably 93% lean
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 cups beef broth
- 16 oz elbow macaroni
- 1 cup half and half
- 10 ounce Cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 ounce American cheese cut into strips (from the deli, not the kind that comes in cellophane!)
- 2 cups fresh spinach finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp kosher salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- Additional shredded cheese for garnish if desired
Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
Add ground beef, onion powder and garlic powder to the Instant Pot. Cook and stir until no pink remains.
Press Cancel Pour in pasta and broth, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 4 minutes.
When the time is up, quick-release the remaining pressure.
Stir in half and half, then stir in the cheese, a little at a time, until melted. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
Just before serving, fold in chopped spinach, if using. Top with additional cheese for garnish, if desired.
*The MANUAL and PRESSURE COOK buttons are interchangeable.